The Instant Pot DUO80 is a 7-in-1 multi-use programmable and smart electric pressure cooker that is designed to be safe, convenient, and dependable. It can speed up cooking by two to six times faster but only uses up to 70 percent less energy. With it, you will be able to produce nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent way.
It features an 8-quart capacity which is suitable for people who invite guests over on a regular basis or if you simply have a big household. But the best thing about it is that it can serve 7 different purposes in your kitchen. It can be used as a slow cooker to prepare mouth-watering, juicy dishes, and it can help you cook rice and steam vegetables quickly as well. It also has the sauté and warm options which is a great alternative for beginner and seasoned cooks. It also has a yogurt-making feature to help you whip up either natural or Greek yogurts.
Getting started with Instant Pot cooking can take a little getting used to. Timing is always 100% clear and you have to wait sometimes to see how long it will take to “cook” for new recipes. They key to Instant Pot success is trying out recipes and finding the ones that you love the results and getting familiar with the prep process and cook times.
Dimensions: 14.80 x 13.19 x 14.02 inches
Weight: 15.79 lbs.
Power Supply: 120V – 60Hz
Power: 1200 watts
Power Supply Cord: 35-inch, not detachable, 3 prong plug
Can Replace 7 Common Kitchen Appliances in 1
As mentioned before, it can be used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté/searing, warmer, and even as a yogurt maker to be able to prepare healthy and tasty dishes.
It is very easy to use with its one-touch controls feature. It has 14 built-in smart programs such as soup, meat/stew, bean/chili, poultry, sauté, steam, rice, porridge, multigrain, slow cook, keep-warm, yogurt, pasteurize, and Jiu Nang which will allow you to cook your favorite dishes with just one press of a button.
3D Generation Technology
It has the latest 3rd generation technology and a built-in advanced microprocessor that monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity.
Dual Pressure Settings
The Instant Pot DUO80 has dual pressure settings for fast and flexible cooking. It can reduce cooking time by up to 70 percent and cooking with low pressure can prevent overcooking delicate foods.
Adjustable Temperature Settings
It has 3 temperatures in “slow cook” mode to provide greater flexibility, and 3 temperatures in “Sauté” mode for searing, simmering, or thickening,
The Instant Pot DUO80 is a smart cooker because it remembers the way you cook. Each of its programs remembers your last customization. Aside from that, it also has Alexa skill and app with guided cooking, 1000+ recipes, getting started videos, favorite recipe list, personalized grocery list, and more.
Healthy, Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot
The inner cooking pot stainless steel and it is made from food grade 304 with no chemical coating. It has a 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, and as well as a fully sealed environment which traps the flavors, nutrients, and aromas within the food.
Very Easy to Handle
Its exterior is brushed stainless steel and is fingerprint resistant. Its lid holder is for both left and right-handed users.
The Instant Pot DUO80 includes a stainless steel steam rack with handles, a rice paddle, a soup spoon, a measuring cup, a condensation collector, and a recipe booklet. The cooking pot, lid, and steam rack are all dishwasher safe.
The Instant Pot DUO80 has been carefully designed to be used safely and as well as to eliminate many common errors that can cause harm and food spoilage. It is UL and ULC certified and has been designed with 10 safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
- Steam Release: It releases excess pressure by venting steam through the steam release handle.
- Anti-Block Shield: It has a stainless steel cover that can prevent food particles from entering the steam release pipe which reduces the risk of blockage.
- Safety Lid Lock: Once the cooker is pressurized, its lid will automatically lock to prevent you from opening the cooker.
- Lid Position Detection: If the cooker detects that the lid is not in a safe position for pressure cooking, it will not allow any cooking to start.
- Automatic Temperature Control: The Instant Pot regulates heating to ensure that the inner pot remains within a safe temperature range based on the program.
- Overheat or Burn Protection:Overheating or burning may occur if:
- The pot has not been deglazed after sautéing and the food is stuck to the bottom.
- The pressure cooker is operated without enough cooking liquid.
- The inner pot is not in full contact with the heating element.
- The inner pot encounters a heating distribution issue like when starch accumulates on the bottom of the inner pot.
If the Instant Pot encounters one of these situations, the cooker will lower its heat output to reduce the risk of burning food.
- Automatic Pressure Control: The Instant Pot maintains its working pressure levels. If pressure exceeds pressure level limits, it will automatically suspend heating.
- Electrical Fuse: The Instant Pot will automatically cut off power if the electrical current exceeds safety limits.
- Thermal Fuse: The Instant Pot will automatically cut off power if the internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
- Leaky Lid Detection:If the Instant Pot detects any steam leakage from the lid, the cooker will not pressurize. It’s because the loss of steam may cause food to burn. It monitors the pre-heating time and lowers heat output of working pressure is not reached in 40 minutes.
The Instant Pot DUO80 is an amazing kitchen appliance and it is one of the most versatile pressure cookers you can find in the market.